Thank you for using MoneyUp!
We are glad that you have found some interest in our reward system, EarnUp. The EarnUp system is designed to reward our users for their loyalty and financial engagement with our app, as well as to encourage them to good things with their money and make strong financial decisions. Here are the rules that you need to know to start earning points and redeeming rewards.
Notice of Eligibility
To ensure a fair system for all users on MoneyUp we enforce the following requirement(s) from users to be considered eligible to earn points through the MoneyUp EarnUp point system.
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $200+ into your MoneyUp checking account through the 15th (fifteenth) day of each month.
If a user does not qualify, they are not eligible to earn points until the first day of the subsequent calendar month.
1. Earning Points:
These are the ways in which users can earn points through the MoneyUp platform. These methods can be adjusted at any moment. Please stay updated on this document for updates.
- For every $10 spent (successful completed transaction), the user earns 5 points.
Points accumulated for spending are distributed to the user at each earning interval, if eligible. All points earned before user becomes eligible will be tallied and distributed to the user once they're eligible (see above for more information about eligibility).
User purchases MUST be spent on legitimate purchases and not fraudulent transactions or chargebacks. We do not give points for peer-to-peer transactions/payments platforms and services. MoneyUp additionally prohibits making a successful purchase, then immediately returning that item to return points. Points will only be distributed on successfully completed/settled transactions.
All user's are limited to a total daily maximum of purchases of $5,000.00, and a total daily maximum number of purchases of 15 successful completed transactions. All users can earn a maximum of 300 points per month through spending.
Returns, Cancellations, Disputes
Returns: If a user makes a return, the points earned for that transaction will be deducted from their account. This is because the transaction is no longer valid and therefore is not be eligible for points.
Cancels: If a user cancels a transaction, the points earned for that transaction will be deducted from their account. Similar to returns, a cancelled transaction is not valid and therefore is not be eligible for points.
Disputed Transactions: If a user disputes a transaction and it is found to be fraudulent or invalid, the points earned for that transaction will be deducted from their account. However, if the dispute is found to be valid and the transaction is not fraudulent, the points earned will remain in the user's account.
Adjustments: If a user's account is adjusted due to an error, such as an overcharge or undercharge, the points earned will be adjusted accordingly. For example, if a user was overcharged and the charge is corrected, the points earned for the corrected amount will be added to the user's account.
For every $20 in savings account up to $10,000, the user earns 20 points.
- If the amount saved within the user’s MoneyUp savings account exceeds $10,000, the user will only be able to earn 100 points for every $200 deposited.
MoneyUp will only count funds that have been in a user's savings account for 7 business days as apart of the user's eligible saving amount for EarnUp. After that 7 day period, points will be issued to the user. Points will only be earned on the original deposit and not subsequent deposits of the same funds.
Budgeting points will be distributed to eligible user's weekly (on Fridays at 12am EST):
- Light: 20 points
- Balanced: 20 points
- Grow: 50 points
- Save: 50 points
Each budgeting level is determined by the percentage breakdown allocated towards the spending and saving categories (Wants, Needs, Saving). User's are able to adjust which budgeting style they follow within the MoneyUp app.
In order to earn points through BudgetUp, the user must spend a minimum of $25 per week to be eligible. This minimum is subject to changes.
The user can earn a maximum of 200 points through budgeting.
Learning points will be distributed to the user after each fully completed lesson.
- Each completed lesson: 5 points
Watching only part of a lesson does not grant the user points. All users can earn a maximum of 150 points per month through learning.
Points are credited to a user’s account automatically based on the distribution scheduling from above.
2. Redeeming Points:
- Users can redeem points for the in-app rewards that are gift-cards.
- Users can view available rewards and their point value in the app.
- Points can only be redeemed for available rewards and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Rewards are subject to availability and may be changed or discontinued at any time.
3. Point Disputes:
- If there is a dispute regarding the awarding or redemption of points, the decision of our company is final.
- Our company reserves the right to adjust a user's point balance at any time, for any reason.
- For any comments, questions, or concerns regarding EarnUp, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
- All user points will expire 2 (two) weeks, or 14 (fourteen) days, after the end of each calendar month.
- Our company may change the terms of this point-based reward system at any time, with or without notice.
- Users may be disqualified from earning or redeeming points if they violate the terms and conditions of our app.
- Users will be limited to 2 reward redemptions per month (subject to change).
- Use of any automated system or constant movement of money to and from a user’s MoneyUp savings account with the intention of farming points is prohibited and will result in disqualification of the user in EarnUp in while permanently. A system shall be put in place to monitor this.
- Our company reserves the right to terminate the point-based reward system at any time.
EarnUp is not required by the user. It is an additional feature that is available to all users (subject to change on malicious actions). If a user does not want to participate, they can simply ignore the system entirely and just use the platform and its other services/features.
Any and all disputes regarding the the EarnUp program, including but not limited to points administration, cancellation, point use, and calculation, are determined and resolved solely by MoneyUp.
Thank you for taking the time to review EarnUp rules. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Agreement is effective 02/2023